This blog is going to capture my training sessions and thoughts as I train for the Boston Marathon.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Registration Fiasco
Last year registration for the Boston Marathon closed faster than any previous year. I had a feeling that because there had been so much hype about it closing so fast the year before, this year it would close out even faster. I was guessing weeks, not hours! I had set a reminder in my calendar to register the day it opened, the minute it opened. I went to the BAA website and nothing came up, I was at work so I didn't really pay to much attention to it and figured I would check back later. Later that morning I got an email from a local running mailing list stating that people were having problems registering. I immediately went back to the website, after a few attempts the registration form loaded, nothing else. This was weird, but I decided to put my info in anyway. After all that I was registered and by 5pm that day, registration had officially closed! A few people I know that were thinking about doing the race had their decision made for them, best advice is if you are thinking about running a race, sign up ASAP and then decide what you want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment