Sunday, February 13, 2011

Long Run

I ran 22 miles today, and let me tell you it was just bad.  I felt fine for the first 7 miles, then I had to run through some snow for about a mile, then it was all down hill from there.  Actually, it was alot of uphill, but that just wouldn't make any sense.  It ended up taking me 2 hours 48 minutes and some change.  I was spent with 5-6 miles to go, but I pushed through.  I ran at a local park taking some interesting routes, towards the end I was about 3.5 miles from my car and I was getting so tired that I joked to myself I could take the short route and walk across the frozen lake.  But I figured that wasn't a good idea because I had barely enough energy to run, if I would have fallen through I would have just sank like a rock.  I was so tired that with about 2.5 miles to go I stopped to get a rock out of my show and I nearly face planted when I leaned over.

I'll try to do post something every Sunday from here on out.  I'll end each with my total mileage to date during the marathon training period and my weekly mileage.  So here goes
Total Mileage: 533.4
Weekly Mileage: 54.5 (7 straight weeks of at least 50 miles)
Last year I did a total of 840.9 miles.

Nearly forgot, this was my 3rd out of 5 planned runs of at least 20 miles, only 2 more to go!

11 weeks down, 9 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment