The day of the race I'll wake up around 5:30 or so, get dressed and head to the buses. The buses line up along the Boston Common and take all the racers to Hopkinton to a school that is transformed into a mini city for a few hours. While at this school, everyone is basically waiting around, outside, on the grounds of the school. So, from experience I've created a little list of things I need to bring with me, so I'll share that with you now. Some things are items that I want to have immediately after the race. Each runner is allowed to check one bag that will be transported to the finish area.
Here goes
- trash bags - to sit on and use in case it rains
- protein drink for post race
- Carboom energy gels for the race itself, one for pre race and 5 for during the race.
- extra clothes to stay warm while waiting
- toilet paper - don't want to hit a portapotty that has run out.
- race shoes
- extra pair of socks in case the first pair gets soaked from standing in the grass.
- towel, this can be used more or less as a pillow when rolled up.
- Ibuprofen, I like to take a few before the race
- gatorade for post race
This year I'll also bring my phone to the village to get some pics and upload them to facebook so that friends can see what its really like. The phone will also come in handy as this is the first year that I will not be going with someone I know. There are a few local runners that I know running, but finding them is nearly impossible once at the village.
No comments:
Post a Comment