Sunday I ran the YMCA 5k in Doylestown. On Thursday after a great track workout I was looking forward to the race to see what I could do. Fast forward to Sunday morning, I was laying on the couch at 7am thinking if I hadn't paid for the race already I wouldn't have gone. The cold I have been battling for nearly 3 weeks came back and was getting worse. I did run the race, I finished 4th in 16:51. It was more frustrating that I knew I wasn't 100% and that first place was less then 30 seconds ahead of me, I really feel as though if I had been healthy I could have won.
I did go to the Dr on Monday and he prescribed me antibiotics since this cold has lasted as long as it has. I'm definitely on my way to recovery today and hopefully I should be nearly 100% for my 24 miler on Sunday.
There are two things that you can't plan for when training, sickness and injury. Generally you can avoid an injury, but sickness you just hope for the best. It really all comes down to luck and I've gotten injured and sick during this training period, hopefully I have better luck in the race. Speaking of the race, there is less then 4 weeks till the big show, I really just can't wait till this weekend is over, that way the next run over 20 miles is race day.
No comments:
Post a Comment