This is the week of "lasts". Tuesday was my last track workout till after the marathon. Thursday was my last midweek 10 miler, till who knows when. And Sunday will be my last 20+ miler until the race.
I got my race number today in the mail, I'm number 4769. I think last year I was 3500 something.
My family is having t-shirts made up again for the day of the race, the phrase on the back is going to be something like "Run Boston Better, Super Fast!" The "Run Boston Better" is part of the slogan on the race packet and the super fast part is from my youngest daughter Mia. She always says, "daddy runs super fast."
I still haven't nailed down a race strategy yet. My wife tells me to stay my pace, I asked her yeah but I don't know what that is yet. She then will tell me, slower then last year. Not the answer I like. I'm thinking this will be the last marathon I will do for a few years so I want to make it my best, so if I went out and just a little better then my personal best and had something left in the tank I would not be satisfied. I considering going after the pace I ran through the first 20 miles of last year's race, which was 6:30/mile. And if I'm right and I blew up last year due to fueling and I fuel better before and during the race I should make it the entire way and end up around 2:52. I did a little research and that would put me in the top 700 of the entire field from last year! Decisions decisions....
No comments:
Post a Comment