This blog is going to capture my training sessions and thoughts as I train for the Boston Marathon.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Pace has been decided
I ran 24 miles on Sunday, and I've decided I'm going to aim for 6:30 pace during the marathon. My run on the weekend I averaged 6:45 for the entire run. There were three of us running, we ran the first 15 in 6:32 pace while maintaining a conversation nearly the entire time. One guy peeled off at 13 miles then my other running buddy finished up at 18. So the last 6 miles I ran easy by myself and was able to average sub 7 minute miles. The weather was about 30 degrees but very little wind, compared to snow and flooding that happened on my last two runs it was perfect. Today my legs are a little tired but nothing compared to last year after the marathon when I had a hard time walking the next day. Anyway, 3 weeks today I'll be in Boston for the race. Last night after having such a good long run I had a hard time getting to sleep thinking about the race and the prospect of running a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment