This blog is going to capture my training sessions and thoughts as I train for the Boston Marathon.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Long run
Well after Saturday's short run I was questioning if I would make it even 3 miles, but in the end I cut it off at 20.7 miles. It was a long easy run, and I felt pretty good after it and the next day. This week I did two speed workouts, one consisting of 10 half mile repeats with about 0.15 miles of recovery and then five one mile repeats with about 0.34 miles recovery. I average from 5:26-5:40 for all the repeats, not too bad for 10 miles of repeats. I think this will help me in the marathon, where as last year I skipped the 2nd speed workout and just did a long run. I only have a 12 mile run on tap for this weekend, so that isn't too bad. Bigger news is that most of the snow is melting and it is supposed to be sunny and in the low 50's on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment