Monday, February 28, 2011

Pain Free at Last

Last week did not end up any better then the previous week had ended.  I have been experiencing pain in my right calf, what started as a pain during a speed workout nearly 3 weeks ago and only flared up during faster runs was a constant pain.  It was a dull pain and tolerable, but it wasn't getting any better.  I decided to take off starting Thurs and not run until today.  I even went as far as buying and wearing a compression sock that goes up to my knee.  Today was the first time in 3 weeks in which I didn't have some pain in the calf, so as of right now it looks like I made the right decision to stop running.  There are 7 weeks till the marathon so I can change up my training plan a little and still get in two more 20+ mile runs for a total of five.  As of right now I'm not too concerned, as the week progresses I'll have to see how the calf feels.  I did wear the compression sock after my run today just to lessen any pain if there was any.

Last week I ran only 20 miles, which brings my total to 598.

No comments:

Post a Comment